Wednesday, September 24, 2008

one more year...


today was my birthday. i have one more year until i am officially old in my book. i still have a hard time believing i know people in their 40's and 50's and that they are my friends...not my parents'. anyway, i'll be that old friend to someone real soon.

it was a good day. i went to lunch with great friends and i got all my errands done. my kids made me cute cards, we had cupcakes when we all finally made it home (9pm on a school night!) and most of all, no one tried to kill anyone else with their laser death eyes and no one called me "the worst mom in the world" today. success! what's that? you say i should raise my standards? but why? ;)

4 comments:

Daisie said...

Thank goodness you're officially "old" before I am. You can give me a heads up about all the body parts that are going to sag and what to do about it.

Wendy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! Sorry I can't be there to take you out for cake (and coffee :)tee hee)

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday! You look fabulous! I was just thinking about cutting my hair, seeing your cute hair makes me want to do it NOW!

Marah said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad to hear it was such a good time. Wish I could be there in person to wish you a happy birthday!